Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The new attack ad

If you think that Big Brother is a reality show, just move on now.

However, for those of you who know 1984, check out the recently released attack ad against Hillary Clinton.



Here's the original Mac ad from over two decades ago:


Do we buy Hillary as Big Brother, the voice of 'mindless conformity'?

I don't.

Yet, is the ad effective? Has it, by now, already been seen by tens of millions of Americans? Even if they don't get the reference, mustn't we concede that they may perhaps be influenced by ads like this?

Yes.

The individual responsible for this ad has yet to come forward. How it can't be tracked, I don't know. I'd imagine the ties to Barack's campaign are closer than he'd like to let on - I hope not, but we'll see. It'll come out.

This is the future of attack ads - and, daisies aside (if you actually get the daisy reference, I admire you...most won't) the new attack ads are proving to be more captivating than ever.

We're in for one hell of an election season...

1 comment:

Katelyn Konecny said...

Wow. Wow again.

I get the daisy reference, but I have to admit I don't really understand the initial MAC reference. Regardless, the ad was outrageous, and (although I usually despise shock factor)outrageously effective. I also hope this is not too closely tied to Obama, I suppose we will soon find out. I agree, we are in for one hell of an election!